Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life

I've been slacking on updating our Blog. What can I say? We've been busy. So, I decided I would do one long update post. You are excited aren't you? I thought so...

First, some of you may already know Mike and I have relocated to a new church. While we love Flatirons and still pray for them, we felt like God was calling us somewhere else. We didn't have to hunt for long. We found Impact Rock Church because Haven's preschool teacher, Kara, and her husband, Mark are the Pastors! We have really been enjoying the messages and the community. While Flatirons had around 12,000 memebers, our current church has about 20-30 in attendance on Saturday night. We definately see it growing, but it is a big change for us. We're very excited to see where it goes and we are thrilled to be involved.

Haven and Avelyn LOVE church. They still call it "Ms. Kara's Church." They ask me everyday if today is "church day". They have made lots of friends and talk about them all week long.

I've gone into a cooking craze. I'm not sure what happened. I borrowed a Martha Stewart Cookbook from the library and ever since then I am eager to try more complex meals. It certainly takes more time, but here are a few of my new favorites...

Tarragon roasted Split Chicken Breast
Balsamic Sauted Mushrooms
Lemon Mousse
Oven Roasted Whole Chicken (link to this recipe I will post below)
Blackberry Shortbread Squares

Here is the recipe for the Roasted Chicken. It is so simple, but so delicious. If you have never "trussed" a chicken before, you can search it on youtube for really easy directions. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/My-Favorite-Simple-Roast-Chicken-231348

I don't think Mike minds the new hobby. ;) I love to cook for guests, so if any of that sounds good, feel free to invite yourself over. ;)

We also started another Blog. I've actually had it for awhile, but don't talk about it much. It's about some of the things I've been learning about my walk with God this past year. Mike has decided he will start adding to that blog too! And I got to thinking how much I enjoy reading about what God is teaching people and gaining wisdom from friends. So we invite you to send us articles to share on the blog or add any thoughts you would like in the comments. Since we don't have a lot of extra time for a Bible Study this seems like the next best option.

www.Livingtruthjourney.blogspot.com

Finally, I have to add this video of my sweet Avie. Let me tell you, this girl can be a handful, so moments like this make it all worth it...

1 comment:

The Edelbrocks said...

I was excited to see this big long blog. :) My girls of course won't stop saying "snug as a bug in a rug"... I guess they liked it too. :)