Emerald Productions was chosen as the exclusive videographers! We had the show on Sunday, March 21st. It was a really cool event, definitely not your average bridal show. Mike and Dave shot the event and we can't wait to show the finished video.
We had a great time, met a lot of brides and wedding professionals and got a lot of great food!
Until the videos are done here are a few pictures of our table display.
Found a great recipe that is really fun and tasty!
You will need:
50 4" lollipop sticks
Melt-able candy or chocolate (several bags or boxes)
Box of cake mix and required ingredients
Can of frosting
Sprinkles or decorations of your choice
1. Following instructions on cake mix, bake a cake. Once done chill in the fridge for several hours.
2. Once chilled through, crumble cake into fine pieces in large bowl.
3. Add can of frosting and mix together. You can use a wooden spoon, but I used my hands and it went a lot faster. It is messy!
4. Once mixed well (it should be mushy texture) put in fridge for several hours or freezer for 15-30 minutes.
5. Once cake mix is chilled begin forming balls about 1.5 " diameter using your hands. Place cake balls on wax paper.
6. Melt small amount of candy and dip stick into candy and then insert into cake ball. (About 3/4 into ball).
7. Place balls with stick back in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Melt more candy or chocolate following instructions on bag. Dip cake balls into melted candy and place on wax paper to dry. You can use sprinkles now, or add them once the candy is hard by using more melted candy as glue.
This recipe does take time, so I would start in the morning or make cake ball mixture night before.
Also I tried using a Styrofoam block to let them stand and dry, but all the candy just dripped down the stick and made them...more blob like. Finding the right consistency might be key, so give it a try and let me know if you come up with a good technique!
You can get all kinds of creative ideas for decorating by googling "cake pops"!
I used Chocolate cake mix with cream cheese frosting, dipped in purple candy and
Red velvet cake with chocolate frosting dipped in white chocolate. (These ones were Amazing!)