Friday, June 27, 2008

More from Mike on "Dear Kathryn"


I was driving to work one day, listening to the radio, when a sound bite came on about an outreach/support group for overseas Christians. I listened to the story of a group of Christians beaten and imprisoned for simply having a Bible study. I spent the next few miles driving to work weeping for these people. Thoughts and images of this clouded my mind. The weight of these people's hearts was given to me and I just didn't know what to do with it all. When I pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off I just sat there in silence. I quietly prayed, "Dear Jesus, let me tell their story." I went now and pumped out the script. I looked up other instances like this and what I found was simply amazing. The violence bestowed upon people for just believing in Jesus is...just unreal. The Lord set a fire in me and paved the way for the production of this short film. Very soon after writing the script God catapulted me back into the lives of some old family friends and once they read the script they were in. They came over for dinner one night, we ate, talked, and all the sudden I realized we were making this movie. Need after need was met with Holy timing. From cast to crew, God brought us the best helping hands. Everyone was so amazing in the giving of their time and talents. I thank you all for the giving of yourselves and those who prayed us through this far. We're not done yet! We are currently in post and will be getting some voice acting done in the next few weeks. Please continue to pray for this project and it's speedy completion. God has been good to us and this project, I firmly believe he will do great things through this film. More updates to come...

No comments: